Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan signing the Memorandum of Agreement for the Anti-Child Abuse

Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan signing the Memorandum of Agreement for the Anti-Child Abuse last Monday as he is being watched by Children of the Consuelo Homes Orphanage.

 

 

Domogan vows to fast-track new waste technology

BAGUIO CITY – Mayor Mauricio Domogan Wednesday vowed to fast-track the adoption and installation of the new waste conversion technology before the year ends.

“We have to remember that time is of the essence here as even the city’s budget will be affected if we will not act on this with dispatch,” the mayor told the Ugnayang Panlungsod press briefing.

The mayor earlier that morning asked the city council and other sectors attending the multi-sectoral forum where the alternative waste technology proposals were discussed to present a better waste management solution for consideration by the city government other than the Environmental Recycling System (ERS) which has been selected by the executive department and the City Solid Waste Management Board (CSWMB) as the best technology so far.

“If you have come up with a better solution, then forward it to us so we can consider it but let me remind you that time is of the essence here so if you can, submit your chosen solutions as soon as possible,” the mayor told the forum.

The mayor during the city council session last week warned that if the city fails to act on the new waste technology, then the city budget will be affected since they did not include any allocation for hauling in the financial plan.

He said the city executive will have to revise the proposed budget to include the budget for hauling if the new waste technology will not materialize.

Read more...

 

Mayor orders clearing of city from vagrants, mendicants

BAGUIO CITY, November 05 – As part of the massive cleanup operations being done citywide, the city government here ordered the Baguio City Police Office (BCPO) to conduct clearing operations around the city’s central business district so that vagrants and mendicants will be prevented from sleeping underneath overpasses in different parts of Burnham Park.

Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan came out with the directive after reports reaching the Alay sa Kalinisan, the city’s partner in its clean and green efforts, showed vagrants and mendicants have significantly increased and are using overpasses and some parts of Burnham park as their lodging areas.

Worst, when they leave their places, it is very dirty considering that cartoons and newspapers used as mats are left behind thereby making it difficult for street sweepers to clean such areas.

Because of the expected increase in vagrants and mendicants this Yuletide season, Domogan directed the police and the social welfare and development office to intensify their operations against them so that they will be sent back to their places of origin the soonest before they loiter around the city and contribute to the city’s problems.

Read more...

 

Happy Hallow CADT finally awarded

After two decades of struggle, Happy Hallow Kankanaey and Ibaloi clans finally got their Certificate of Ancestral Domain Title (CADT) from the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples which formally awarded it last October 15.

Local and national officials led by Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan attended the formal awarding of the CADT which came more than a year after its registration with the Register of Deeds of Baguio City.

It covers an area of 1,464182 sq. m. of land with about 800 households or more than 2000 individuals.

Mayor Domogan in his message during the awarding ceremony praised the Happy Hallow residents for their unrelenting pursuit for their domain title despite the long and arduous process that took twenty years to bear fruit. This only proves that no matter how hard the problem is if there is cooperation and unity, things are bound to go as it should be.

Read more...

 

City, Asin land owners end dispute agree on compensation accord.

By Aileen Refuerzo

BAGUIO CITY – The city government and landowners affected by the operation of the city-owned Asin minihydroelectric plants in Tadiangan and Nangalisan, Tuba town Thursday ended a long standing dispute by signing a compromise agreement for the compensation of the residents whose lands are affected by the pipelines and plant facilities.

The agreement signed by Mayor Mauricio Domogan and Tadiangan-Nangalisan Hydro Landowners Association (TNHLA) president Roger Sinot settled the conflict between the two parties over reparation issues that in the past resulted in disruption of the plants’ operations and even led to a court case between the parties.

The accord also meant that the city can now pursue its plans to privatize the operation of the plants which has in the past been hindered by the dispute with the landowners.

The mayor said the compromise agreement will form part of the terms of reference (TOR) now awaiting finalization to jumpstart the bidding process for the plants’ privatization.

Read more...

 

Martin cries foul on jueteng issue Domogan calls archbishop a “liar.

BAGUIO CITY, September 24 – An embattled retired police general here lashed back at retired Lingayen-Dagupan Archbishop Oscar Cruz for alluding to him and Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan as gambling lords and protectors of jueteng in this mountain resort city.

“Mayor Domogan and the officialdom of Baguio City are known anti-gambling advocates. Proof of this is the non existence of casinos or Small Town Lottery (STL) operations in the jurisdiction of the city. If I were an operator of jueteng in the city, they will be the first one to have denounced, condemned or castigated me and not somebody whose source of information is very dubious,” retired Police Director Eugene G. Martin, former head of the Directorate for Intelligence of the Philippine National Police (PNP), stressed here Wednesday.

Based on information reaching him even when he was in active service, Martin claimed the reason why Mayor Domogan’s name has been dragged into the purported list of gambling lords and jueteng protectors is that he never entertained or met with gambling operators because of his firm anti-gambling policy even when he was the city mayor from 1992 to 2001.

For his part, Martin disclosed that during his term as PNP intelligence chief, the PNP was able to file numerous cases against the Meridian, a gaming and amusement corporation allegedly owned by Charlie Atong Ang, one of the supposed sources of Cruz, for being an alleged front of illegal gambling.

Read more...

 

First Client

First client- Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan attend to the very first group of constituents that came to see him early hours of July 1, his first official day in office.

 

Officials Pose for Posterity

Amidst a greeneries of the city hall ground which may resemble the desire to regreen our city, the new set of officials pose for posterity after their oath taking last June 30, 2010.

 

The Triumphant Three

The triumphant three raise their hands for the lens of the media.

 

1,000 poor but deserving students benefit from financial aid

 

BAGUIO CITY, November 05 – A total of 1,000 poor but deserving students in the city’s 128 barangays were identified as the beneficiaries of an educational financial assistance program devised to help indigent individuals achieve a higher degree of education.

Rep. Bernardo M. Vergara, who continued the scholarship program crafted by former congressman and now mayor Mauricio G. Domogan, said each student stands to receive a maximum of P7,000 per semester as financial assistance in order to allow them to continue going to school despite their status.

However, the veteran lawmaker explained the financial assistance to the indigent students will be directly paid to the school where they are enrolled to cover the bulk of their tuition and miscellaneous fees so that they will not be tempted to use the same for other purposes which might compromise their studies.

The beneficiaries are bonafide residents of the city’s barangays and registered voters either in the regular roster or in the Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) with a minimum grade of 80 percent for each subject that they have enrolled in during the semester preceding the current semester.

According to Vergara, the P7 million fund for the program this semester will be sourced out from his Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) and that the same will be institutionalized so that there will be a gradual increase in the number of beneficiaries annually.

 

Read more...

 

Council approves budget for garbage solution.

BAGUIO CITY – The city council Thursday approved a P128 million appropriation for the procurement of an “appropriate and most beneficial technology” for the city’s solid waste management program and authorized Mayor Mauricio Domogan to pursue a deal for this purpose.

Mayor Mauricio Domogan who attended the session pushed for the approval of the outlay to enable the city to explore alternative means of waste management pending the implementation of the engineered sanitary landfill project and finally put a stop to the out-of-town hauling service that is draining the city’s finances.

The body at the outset approved the reversion of the amount which was earlier earmarked for various solid waste management projects that were not pushed through in the past but took time in deciding on appropriating said amount for the requested technology expressing wariness of the procedures involved in the acquisition and the effectiveness of the technology being preferred by the executive department.

The mayor however assured them that the procedures under the procurement law or Republic Act No. 9184 will be strictly followed in all the transactions to avoid any legal problem.

He also vowed to involve everyone in the selection of the technology to ensure that only the best and most beneficial will be pursued.

He also acquiesced to the body’s condition that no payment will be made until the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) for the deal has been confirmed by the city council.

Along with the reversion and appropriation, the body also voted to give the mayor authority to open a Letter of Credit with the Land Bank of the Philippines, if necessary, as a requirement for the importation of the equipment and dump trucks.

In an earlier session, the body approved the realignment of P29 million for the stabilization of the Irisan dumpsite.

The City Solid Waste Management Board which the mayor heads earlier adopted the Environmental Recycling System (ERS) which employs the mechanical conversion of large amounts of biodegradable wastes into high-grade fertilizer as the best waste management technology among the offers received by the city.

An ERS machine could convert 48 tons of biodegradable wastes into compost per day which the mayor said is ideal for the city which churns out a daily waste output of 160 tons, 66 tons of which are biodegradable.

Attached in the offer would be the installation and commissioning of the machines by Japanese technicians and training of city personnel who will be in charge of the operation with a one-year warranty to be undertaken by the Manila-based Pro Tech Machinery Corporation as the authorized representative of the Japanese company Shimizu and Company Ltd. to the Philippines.

Read more...

 

No height limitations for Baguio structures - Mayor

BAGUIO CITY, October 29 – Contrary to perceptions that high rise structures are banned in the city due to alleged geological disadvantages, Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan clarifiedthat the city government is not imposing restrictions on the height of buildings to be built in the country’s Summer Capital.

However, the local chief executive explained the determination of the height of a building to be constructed in any part of the city will depend on the outcome of the soil tests to be conducted by experts so that the handling capacity of the soil coupled with the use of the appropriate structural engineering methods and materials for a building will be established.

While the July 16, 1990 killer earthquake caused high rise structures in the city then to collapse, Domogan disclosed findings of experts who repeatedly studied the situation that showed the unfortunate destruction to buildings then was due to alleged poor structural design, thus magnifying the earthquake damage and claiming hundreds of innocent lives.

Because of the scenario right after the earthquake, concerned government agencies and the city government devised appropriate measures to ascertain the stability of a certain area as well as its capacity in order to regulate the putting up of high rise structures, thus, the need for investors to first conduct the mandatory soil test and geological assessment of the area prior to planning and constructing a high rise structure.

According to the city mayor, prospective investors should not fear the height limitations being imposed on buildings to be constructed because the state of the structure to be built will solely depend on the outcome of the soil tests and geological assessment to be done by no less than experts who are familiar with the situation of the city.

Read more...

 

Domogan exonerated by Sen. Santiago and intelligence reports

 

Senator Miriam Santiago’s privilege speech may have exonerated Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan from the allegations made by retired Archbishop Oscar Cruz identifying the Baguio official as one of those receiving payoffs from jueteng.

Sen. Santiago’s speech, delivered on Wednesday, enumerated the names of the supposed operators and those on the take for jueteng money in various provinces. Unlike in the Cruz list, Santiago’s did not include Domogan, though the senator’s list was more extensive.

This development came about as various groups in the city rallied behind Mayor Domogan expressing their overwhelming support and condemning what they see as a politically-motivated move against the city’s chief executive. The incumbent barangay officials in the city under the leadership of Councilor Joel Alangsab, former baranagay officials, religious groups, senior citizens groups and even the Tourism Council of Baguio among other groups signed their respective manifestos of support for the mayor and expressing their dismay over the sweeping accusations made by Cruz. These groups will send the manifestos to the Senate and to Bishop Cruz.

Congressman Bernardo Vergara disclosed to the media during his bi-monthly press conference last Friday of his plan to deliver a privilege speech in the Lower House in defense of Mayor Domogan and the City of Baguio as a tourism center. “We are very dismayed on the very sweeping accusations against our mayor. I for one and the overwhelming majority of our people can vouch to the integrity of Mayor Domogan,” he said in the presence of Domogan whom he invited to the press con.

Read more...

 

Statement of Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan on the jueteng issue.

We are deeply saddened that our name was dragged by retired Archbishop Oscar Cruz into the controversial jueteng issue which has been repeated from time to time. In all humility, I vehemently deny being a gambling lord or a protector of jueteng or any illegal gambling for that matter. I am not a gambler and will continue to go against it. We welcome the conduct of the inquiry on the jueteng issue but we do not adhere to the fact that the inquiry is just being used by some quarters to ruin the reputation of people who have tried their very best to protect their names only to be tainted by unverified reports and mere hearsays.

To show our desire to curb the proliferation of all forms of illegal gambling, not only jueteng, we created Task Force JUPITER or “Just and Unified Peoples Initiative Towards Eradicating Rampant Illegal Gambling” under Administrative Order (AO) No. 126, Series of 2010, dated August 26, 2010, to come out with the appropriate strategies to be enforced to put a stop to illegal gambling in our city. Gambling is a social menace that cannot be eradicated overnight considering that jueteng was brought to our country by over four centuries ago. However, We have been relentless in our campaign to eradicate all forms of illegal gambling to restore the character and morality of our people. We have always been asking the cooperation of the public in curbing jueteng since no gambling will exist without the same being patronized by our people who rely on games of chance to survive.

Read more...

 

Oath Taking Ceremony

Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan took his Oath of office before City Prosecutor Alfredo Centeno during the Oath taking ceremony of the new set of officials last June 30 at the city hall ground. With him are his wife Madam Becky Domogan, daughter Janice, Mrs. Ignacia Napeek (mother in law,  partly hidden) and aunt Mrs. Hilda Tad-awan.

 

Thank You Very Much

 

To All our Supporters, Friends, Relatives and Everyone

Thank You Very Much,

From Congressman and Mayor-Elect

MAURICIO  G. DOMOGAN

 

 
More Articles...
Search News
ADVISORY

STATE OF THE CITY ADDRESS 2017

STATEMENT IN REPLY TO THE PUBLISHED OPEN LETTER OF BCDA PRESIDENT and CEO ARNEL PACIANO D. CASANOVA

STATE OF THE CITY ADDRESS
2014

Speech Delivered by Mayor Mauricio G. Domogan during the Cordillera Month Closing Ceremony
July 26 SLU-BC

sora

STATE OF THE REGION ADDRESS

1st100

Click on the City's Programs and Projects Menus for the 1ST State of the City Address

mayors_project

Click on the City's Programs and Projects Menus for the complete list

house

draft

Autonomy Working Draft is also in the Legislative Directory

herald_express_mayor